Friday, May 12, 2006

Tom Cruise Is A Fucking Jerk

Katie Holmes is one crazy, neurotic, beautiful bitch. Yeah, I put her right up there with Jolie and Zeta-Jones, only maybe even more so. There is something about selfishness, petulance, and silliness in females that I find perversely attractive. But I think it is just that fucking crazy look she has in her eyes, that slight hint of near insanity that gleems out at you. And of course she’s crazy, why the hell else would she marry a fucking nut like Tom Cruise-even if it is a sham, a fraud. A show marriage.

But what the hell is it for? And why the hell would I in my wildest imaginings go to see Mission Impossible Three, an act which would require me to drive twenty miles in a vehicle that is unfortunately a gas hog. Nope, not worth it. Nor would I see it if it is in walking distance, in fact I would probably agree to see it only under certain conditions, like for example, if I was forced to sit through it at gunpoint.

Why? Well, it really has nothing to do, at least not directly, with Cruses infatuation with the Scientology religion of which he has become such an insufferably sickening proponent. In fact, he has seemed to tap that tendency down, lately. Nor does it have to do with the fact that I think he is using Miss Holmes (and she him) for the sake of publicity, or to be blunt, appearrances. I do, however, fear that he is going to ruin her career, and maybe her life, ultimately. She may deserve it, or may have at one time, but now I think she has been taken past the point where she really has any thing like a free will.

But no, my objections to even the idea of patronizing this movie, even as good as it is said to be, goes right back to his obsession with Scientology. And from there, the Comedy Central network. And the little cartoon series, South Park. Because of Cruses objections, a segment which was run once, which poked fun at the religion of Scientology and of several of it’s celebrity adherents-including, notably, Cruse, of course-was not re-run. Cruse threatened not the network itself, but the parentn company, who also, it turns out, are the producers of Mission Impossible Three.

So how exactly did Cruise threaten the company? Simply put, if they allowed the segment to be repeated, he would refuse to promote the movie. Thus, I would have been denied the pleasure of seeing him last night on Jay Leno, for those roughly first two seconds of his appearrance before I turned off the channel. This was just too much for the company to bear, and I honestly can’t fault them for making this obvious business driven decision. I think they could have forced Cruise to promote the movie, probably, under the terms of his contractural obligations. But what would that be worth?

“So Tom, tell us about your new movie?”

“Ah, it’s okay. I’ve done better.”

And so you have yet another example of a minority that demands the rights guaranteed to the minority, that turns right around and tries to deny the rights of everybody else when it seems to be in their best interests to do so. That’s why I wouldn’t go see this movie, and would hope to convince as many people as possible not to see it as well. After all, didn’t Cruise insult the Mafia when he filmed “The Firm?” To say nothing of corporate lawyers? That’s two despised minority groups right there he insulted. Well, the lawyers anyway. Didn’t he insult a good many Vietnam veterans when he filmed “Born On The Fourth Of July?” And what was all this fucking shit about “A Few Good Men”? Hell, he jumped on the anti Guantanamo bandwagon with that flick almost ten years ahead of time. But he can’t take a little criticism? Bullshit!!!

Cruise is just another spoiled Hollywood elitist actor, in my view, who doesn’t deserve anyones patronage. Like his misnamed infant daughter, a pickpocket who thinks he’s royalty.

7 comments:

Rufus said...

Yeah, he's probably worth avoiding for trying to screw with South Park. But, it's also easy because so many of his movies are shite. It would be much harder to boycott Johnny Depp. For my money, the only Tom Cruise movies worth watching have been Risky Business, Mission Impossible I (which was largely crap too, but at least, was directed by Brian DePalma) and Minority Report, for the Philip K. Dick storyline.

SecondComingOfBast said...

I liked Vanilla Sky, just becasue of it's quirkiness, but my favorite of all his films was The Firm. I've watched that one three times and would probably watch it again. Other than that, the majority of his movies are forgetable.

Rufus said...

Yeah, I actually liked Vanilla Sky too. I forgot that one. Nobody ever agrees with me, but I really liked Eyes Wide Shut as well. But, then I worship Kuberick.

SecondComingOfBast said...

I missed Eyes Wide Shut, though from what I heard it was a disappointment to most people. The only one of Kubricks films I've ever actually seen was "A Clockwork Orange"-one of my all time favorite flicks. Would be hard to top that one.

Anonymous said...

I might've asked you this before, but have you ever checked out the website tomcruiseisnuts.com ? Hill-air-ious!!!

Rufus said...

Eyes Wide Shut was very much a Kubrick movie. A lot of people expected "the sexiest movie ever". But, there is no such thing as a sexy Kubrick movie. So, it disappointed them. I liked it.

SecondComingOfBast said...

I guess the movies subject matter had their hopes up, among other things.