Thursday, May 04, 2006

My Avataress


Yes, it is finally time to reveal my new Avatar, and for this one you can thank Rufus, over at GradStudentMadness, whose blog I definitely encourage you to check out, and for which I have supplied a link in the title of this post pending my eventual establishment of a Blogroll. Yes, I am a procrastinator par excellance, and can always find reasons. They are valid ones though.. I don’t want to have too many links on a blogroll, much preferable to have a few standouts. Here are the qualifications.

  1. Regularly updated. This is a must. By regular updates, I mean at least once a week on average.
  2. Originality. There will be a limited number of politically oriented blogs, and they will be of the highest quality. I do not have to be in agreement with your political philosophy, I just have to appreciate your blogging and wrting style. However, I emphasize, they will be limited. Therefore, know right off that rants against the Booooooooooooooosh Administration, and the “Repugnantcons”, or against the “Demoncraps”, are limiting your chances of being included.
  3. Easy on the fucking pictures. They take forever to load, in most cases, when you have an abundance of them, which is why when I update my blog I usually have only one, if any. Today is an exception, one unlikely to be repeated.
  4. Political correctness is out of the question. Unless, of course, you can convince me you are merely making fun of it. I can tell the difference. And that goes for conservative style political correctness as well as the more oftenly bashed liberal variety.
  5. If you do not allow comments on your Blog, you will not be included. I do not give a rats ass if you are famous. If Craig Crawford can do it on his blog, which will be a likely inclusion, then so can you, Andrew Sullivan and Prussian Blue.
  6. You have to join me in a night of group ritual sex.
  7. As I stated that you do not have to agree with my points of view, understand as well that I do not have to agree with yours. I know that seems to be a distinction without a difference, but in some cases, depending on the subject matter and person, you would be surprised how often those differences raise their ugly heads.
  8. If I have pissed you off in the past, and you have taken me off your blogroll because of it, or have acted like a bitch, don’t come crawling back now for forgiveness. I am not a Christian and I do not believe in it.
  9. I am thinking of calling my Blogroll “Pantheon of Blogs”. If you are on it, then, that puts you on the level of a deity, and so you are permitted to act like one-crazy.
  10. I was joking about number six.

Well, that’s it for now. Thanks again, Rufus, for the picture, which is evidently an ancient Minoan Goddess, possibly Potnoe Atenoi (Lady Athene), judging by the serpents she holds in her hands. Yes, it is the same goddess as the Hellenic Athene, though she underwent somwhat of a change under Hellenic influence. Though some might refer to perpetual virginity as more of a drastic change, I suppose. At any rate, whichever of the goddesses it is, she is indeed beautiful, and any of my regular readers owe Rufus a true debt of gratitude. I say that beause of what I was originally intending to put on my Blog as my avatar.

You haven’t seen her yet. Oh, but you will-you will.

5 comments:

Rufus said...

Thanks for the mention! It's strange though, I think of my blog as terribly PC. But, no I don't make painful puns on republican and democrat.

SecondComingOfBast said...

I just dislike the kind of writing that is repetitous, and seems to be more knee jerk partisan ideology than actually thoughtful. I don't even mind so much when a person is one hundred per cent down the line conservative or liberal, suspicous and questionable though that certainly is. But I appreciate originality of thought, as oppossed to reading peoples "thoughts" and feeling that it is word for word something that could have been copied and pasted from a consevative and/or liberal columnist or pundit. I never get that feeling when reading your blog.

autogato said...

With her appealing distribution of body fat and her excellent waist to hip ratio, your avataress was no doubt one incredibly fertile mama and in demand amongst the boys.

I and my newly restored avatar welcome her.

I am still unclear on what a blogroll is, but look forward to the unveiling of yours. It shall be quality, no doubt.

Anonymous said...

hahaha... "I am not a Christian and I don't beleive in it" ...you always make me laugh. Nice avartaress, btw.
Sadly, due to your strict rules of blogworthiness, I shall never attempt to make your list. I hate rejection and use my blog as a boring diary. It's the bloggers like you that I admire, for actually saying something about someone other than The Center Of The Universe. Keep it up!

SecondComingOfBast said...

I didn't know you had a blog, Meowkaat, I would like to read it. Thanks for the kind words, I'm such a perfectionist that when I go over some of my stuff I usually end up thinking, what the fuck kind of trip was I on?