Saturday, May 31, 2008

Strict Interpretations

Some people might have the wrong impression that I am a supporter of Barak Obama, based on my defense of him in the context of certain areas, the most obvious example being the Reverend Wright controversy. In truth, I am a supporter of no candidate. I did not vote in the primary, and I am highly unlikely to vote in the general election.

That said, I am trying to view all candidates as objectively and fairly as it is possible for me to do. There is not a lot to defend, unfortunately, as you might expect from one who declares his intention to boycott an election. When I see an opportunity, I jump at it. After all, as someone who wants to encourage others not to vote, I need the street creds.

Therefore, it is only appropriate that I draw attention to those other areas that call out for criticism, and Barak Obama’s recent appraisal of his potential Supreme Court appointees would be one such example.

There’s not a lot to say, except that he is obviously pandering to the voters when he says he will appoint judges who are empathetic to the needs and concerns of first one group or another. He ended with the “elderly”, and seemed quite uncomfortable as he spoke the word, doubtless aware that it is the elderly who have handed him his hat in some of those primary contests he has lost.

Here’s a thought for you, Obama. Try appointing judges who are empathetic to the words of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights-you know, the way they are written in PLAIN FUCKING ENGLISH!!!!

8 comments:

beakerkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Here’s a thought for you, Obama. Try appointing judges who are empathetic to the words of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights-you know, the way they are written in PLAIN FUCKING ENGLISH!!!!

Getting Democrats to nominate a black man as a Presidential candidate is already a direct violation of one of the party's founding principles, and now you want Democrats to give up their their agenda to destroy the US Constitution and replace it with mass graves filled with people who call themselves Americans?

Dude, you ask too much.

Anonymous said...

I just want a democrat, I don't care if it's that little half-man in the above picture, lol.
I was not for Obama, but it's a little hard to be against him when he's so darn hot.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Beak-

Why did you delete your comment?

Beamish-

I'm starting to think you really do believe this stuff.

Danielle-

You must have fallen on desperate times.

Anonymous said...

No, not me personally. I am having good times, actually.

beakerkin said...

The comment came out wrong. My laptop
has a problem with a jumping prompt
that takes it backwards causing multiple typos.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

PT,

I do believe it. Democrats are worse than al Qaeda.

At least al Qaeda is less cryptic about wanting to kill Americans.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

I've already said if you want to have a serious, historically accurate discussion of American politics, you need to begin with the idea that the Democratic Party has but one purpose since its inception: Destroy America.