Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Little Bit Of Historical Detective Work Pays Off

Obama: "I had an uncle who was one of the -- who was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps. And the story in our family was is that when he came home, he just went up into the attic and he didn't leave the house for six months. Right, now, obviously, something had really affected him deeply. But at that time, there just weren't the kinds of facilities to help somebody work through that kind of pain." (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks On Memorial Day).

I've looked high and low, but I think I might have finally found him.

I'm pretty sure it's the guy on the far left. What y'all think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. Who is that?

SecondComingOfBast said...

He's one of the Soviet troops that liberated Auschwitz. Did you get the e-mail I sent you in reply to your question about the dream? I never heard back from you so don't know if you ever got it or not? If you did, did it make sense?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I did get your response. I am sorry... I thought I did send a brief reply. Maybe I forgot to hit send.
What you said about the cancer dream made a lot of sense, especially since I had thought about it that day.

Frank Partisan said...

You picked him out alright.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

This is the sick side of the unseriousness of Obama's candidacy.

If Obama actually gave a damn what his relatives did or didn't do, he'd not make a blunder recounting the story and confusing Buchenwald with Auschwitz.

And secondly, given the significance of Auschwitz as the main death camp in leftist Nazi Germany's pursuit of Karl Marx's "world without Jews," such a confusion doesn't appear innocent but rather exaggerated - boasting, even. Especially in the context of a speech pandering to Jewish voters.

What happened to Obama? Two months ago he was the Messiah of Public Teleprompter Reading, and now every time he opens his mouth we get a week of campaign disclaimers in every news cycle while his staff tries to figure out what he wanted to say, but didn't.

Put some clown makeup on Obama so people can take him more seriously.