Monday, September 22, 2008

An Unfortunate Update And Coorection

I was going to post Mysterious Ways by U2 as the special song for Mabon, but I just discovered it can not be embedded by request, either by the person that posted it or possibly by the label that recorded the song. That is unfortunate, but I have nothing to use as a suitable substitute. I could link the page, but why bother?

The Autumn Equinox is today at somewhere between 3:39 and 3:44 p.m., depending on who you believe, which means I was off in my earlier estimation, which I based on the Khaldea Ephemeris, which listed the Sun entering Libra at some unstated time during the 23rd.

To those interested in the astrological aspects, the major adjustment to make is in regards to the lunar aspects. The Moon will at the time of the equinox actually be in a very strong square to the Sun and in waning mode, being somewhere close to the first degree of Cancer, and will as well be in trine to Venus. Any other aspects, such as to Uranus, Neptune, Mars, and Mercury, will be very minor ones at best, and if at all. They can be pretty much ignored at any rate.

However, the other planetary aspects I pointed out are yet valid, especially the Mars-Mercury conjunction, all the more so since Mercury is stationary and preparing to go retrograde. They have a weak conjunction to Venus, and their trine to Neptune and quincunx to Uranus is also still applicable.

I'm particularly glad I caught all this, especially the waning moon aspect square the Sun, as this is in perfect harmony with the period of the Autumn Equinox and the shortening of days and lengthening of nights that it heralds. A waning moon will also assist in augmenting any kind of banishing magic or ritual that might be performed during this time.

Sorry about the confusion, and for the lack of the YouTube video I promised. I'll see if I can come up with a suitable substitute, one as good or not better-which of course is a subjective criterion at any rate.

Until then, enjoy the remainder of the day and the night ahead.