Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Manson Sings

First we have the Beach Boys in a television appearance singing "Never Learn Not To Love", which is the song Dennis Wilson bought from Charles Manson for five hundred dollars and was originally titled "Cease To Exist". It appeared on the album 20/20 with Wilson credited as the songwriter. This was allegedly in return for Manson trashing his house and one of his girls giving Manson the clap.



Wilson changed a few words in the song as well as the title. "Cease to exist", in the Beach Boys version, becomes "cease to resist", while "give it to your brother" becomes "give it to your lover".

Below is the original version as sung by Charles Manson.



He sounds quite different than I imagined he would.

3 comments:

Rufus said...

I think Manson also tried out for The Monkees, which would have been really weird.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Yeah, I heard about that, supposedly he was beat out by Peter Tork. He did this real fucked up song called Mechanical Man where he mentions something about his monkey getting hit by a train. I might post it and some other stuff someday, if I can ever get the bugs worked out. It is saying I need to install some plug in to display all the media on this page, but when I go to install it I can't. I don't know what the hell is going on.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Okay, emergency over. I evidently needed to install an update to my flash player due to a Microsoft Update that was blocking it.