Saturday, September 20, 2008

Power Animals



Do you want to learn what your power animal is, or what power animal you can attune with for any specific purpose in mind. This site might give you the answer.


Mr. Squirrel, above, is my power animal for this specific period of Mabon, according to this site, which then went on to offer to sell me a "power animal squirrel stone" for a slight charge. Yes, this is a commercial site, but its still fun.

I also found out what power animal I needed to help me in my personal romantic life, with one particular woman. We're not supposed to do this, of course, but, alas, I have always had heretical tendencies). Strangely, I found out that the power animal I most need in order to help me in my would-be relationship desire with a certain woman whom we shall call Melissa (cos that's her name), is-the Rhino. Which made sense, as it promises that by attuning with Mr. Rhino, I will learn to develop a thick skin and the power to lower my head and charge full speed ahead when the time comes to accomplish my goals with power, determination, and fearlessness-all of which will come in handy.

A power animal is a shamanic concept. By attuning with a power animal, you take on the qualities of that animal and make them your own, or perhaps more precisely, you bring those qualities within yourself to the surface and develop them to their full potential.

Mr. Squirrel is going to help me utilize my resources to greater effect and enable me to make my endeavors more productive and profitable. The squirrel a perfect power animal for Mabon, especially here in Kentucky, where squirrels are abundant. Now I just need to figure out what I most need to "squirrel away" for a rainy day.

To use the site, you meditate on your specific need while looking at the image of the forest. Allow your mind to relax as you do so while moving your mouse over the image. When the time feels right, you click your mouse on the page, wherever you most feel drawn. Your power animal will then present itself.

4 comments:

Joubert said...

I got the tortoise. It's fun and I'm going to pinch it as well as your beef stew - yum.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Yeah, it is fun ain't it Patrick? I'm probably going to be on there so much they might want to charge me rent. Glad you liked it, and hope you enjoy the soup.

Rufus said...

It's a very entertaining site- I got the buffalo, which wasn't entirely a surprise.

Anonymous said...

I got a Buffalo. Kind of appropriate, seeing that I just survived a major hurricane.
Maybe I just can't think of anything else.
I definitely want to try the stew. Mabon is looking more and more like my thing.
I make beef stew similar to that all the time, but I do it in the crock pot.
I hope you get what you deserve in the love department. Finding the one is the best thing ever.