Sunday, December 09, 2007

Now, Lord Ares, About This Defense Department Position

Thanks to Mitt Romney, I know now that I can someday run for President of The United States of America, and not have to answer any uncomfortable questions about my religious affiliation or beliefs. Thank the Goddess for that. Well, thank all of them actually, and the Gods as well.

On the other hand, thanks to Christopher Hitchens, I also know it's best maybe if I just don't bring it up. Or maybe I should just forget the whole thing.

After all, people don't really need to know that I would pray to first one deity or another for guidance as to who to appoint to which specific cabinet position, and that Tarot business is really just for fun, you see. I wouldn't REALLY use that as a guide for how to decide an issue-at least, not without benefit of a coven ritual and the advice of my High Priestess.

Just the same, if I ever do find myself in the position of having to make a speech reassuring potential voters as to my religious beliefs, I'm sure Hermes will put the right words in my mouth.