Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Weird Tales

Okay, I generally don't do stuff like this, but this is too important, potentially, to pass up. I waited in vain tonight for confirmation from the NBC Network News, which never came, and so it sounds even more unlikely. Still, there is a strange rumor making the rounds on the Internet to the effect that, United States Special Forces troops have taken over the Israeli nuclear power plant at Dimona.

The supposed reason for this has to do with a comment made by the President of China in a private conversation during the G8 Sumit in St. Petersburgh with President Bush. The warning was to the effect that if Iran blockades the Persian Gulf, in response to recent hostilities between Israel and the Hezbollah organization in Lebannon, China would consider that to be tantamount to a declaration of war on the Chinese people.

In order to forestall this eventuality, Bush set in motion a of chain of directives which resulted in the action just described at Dimona. It sounds like some kind of crazy conspiracy theory to me, based on nothing more than rumor. Or perhaps an ill-advised attempt to increase readership, to whatever site is responsible for this. I don't have all the facts at hand, but I am certain it must be some Far Left blog or web-site, judging by the source from which I derived it.

If it is true, it could have far reaching implications. Israel it is said is bitterly in oppossition to the reported US action. They are also being advised in no uncertain terms, according to this story, that they should in no way undertake any overt hostile military actions against either Iran or Syria.

If the story is indeed the truth, there can only be one explanation for it. Someone has been informed through diplomatic channels, probably covertly, that Israel is strongly considering the potential for a nuclear strike, and I am guessing the intended target is Syrian President Assad, which would suggest what would amount to the annihilation of the city of Damascus. I wouldn't rule out Tehran as a potential target as well.

Like I said, I consider the report incredible, and so unlikely as to be consdiered almost laughable. But then again, I never would have suspected events up to this point to have reached the point that they have as of now.

One thing for certain, we are living in scary times. One nuclear assault by Israel, in any part of the Middle East, would have implications that could amount to a global conflagration. You almost wonder not if it will eventually happen, but when.

Okay, I just went back, found the URL to the site and story in question, and I copied and pasted it as a link which can be accessed by clicking on the title of the post. If I had bothered to do this first, I might not even have posted this. Still, it does serve some slight purpose, in that it serves to demonstrate the amount of lunacey that exists all over the Internet. That, and who knows, there might be some validity to the story, but just between you who read this, me, and the fence post, I wouldn't count on it. If you do read the original story, as posted on Whatdoesitmean.com, be sure you navigate over to the Homepage.

I knew there had to be a reason that Weird Tales seemed an appropriate title for this post.

7 comments:

Meowkaat said...

Weird is right. I agree that this is highly improbable... but what do we know? We're citizens of the very same country under the control of the evil government they warn about at the bottom of the page... " [Ed. Note: The United States government actively seeks to find, and silence, any and all opinions about the United States except those coming from authorized government and/or affiliated sources, of which we are not one. No interviews are granted and very little personal information is given about our contributors to protect their safety.]".

SecondComingOfBast said...

I bet the people that made that site were big fans of The X-Files, and may have taken it just a tad weeeeee bit too seriously. In a way, though, I kind of enjoy sites like that, or at least I recognize their potential entertainment value. I could even see myself doing something like that, as a satire, if I could ever find the extra time.

I just got through reading some of your blog, by the way, you're off to a good start. I'll be updating my blogroll here in a day or two, and I'll be sure to put you on it. And thanks for putting me on yours.

autogato said...

I haven't heard anything about this one. Seems like it would be on the news.

autogato said...

Hey
You changed who's permitted to leave comments! Waddup wit dat, PT?

SecondComingOfBast said...

I was getting spam comments from mortgage companies disguised as compliments, which would be followed by >>, which would be links to their business sites. Evidently they were personally doing this to override the comment verification process, so I just banned anonymous comments.

Since then I have received no more of these, where before I was getting an average of two a day for about five days. They were all on older posts, but that's not the point. If these fucking companies want to advertise on my sites, then then will fucking pay me to do so.

fondfire said...

It does sound like conspiracy theory and I also think it unlikely.

However, I am quite frightened enough by some of what I think is possible. I can come up with enough wild-ass speculations as it is!

autogato said...

Yes, those spammers are damn sneaky.