Sunday, October 05, 2008

Saturday Night Live Gets It Right On The Money

UPDATE: I don't want to make too much out of this but, as you can see, the video in question is no longer available. It could just be that they are only on the SNL site for a limited time, but it does seem suspicious that others from the same show-not yet three days old as of the time of this update-are still around.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but this is a downer and a more than sufficient reason to avoid SNL videos in the future.

Finally, somebody points out the very real contribution of the Democratic Party in regards to the financial meltdown that has slammed the nation, and they do so to great affect, raking Nancy Pelosi and Barney Frank over the coals as well as defending George Bush, incredibly enough, who warned about this years ago. They still portray him as a moron, but at least here he is a well-meaning moron, while Pelosi and Frank are portrayed as they culpable societal vultures that they are.

This is actually a fair and balanced piece of satire, one of the most stinging and effective SNL has done in years. They produce symbolic representatives of the many examples of the cancre sores of humanity that contributed to and benefited from this mess that just might yet bring us all down.

I urge you to watch this video, and make note of their arcane and very possibly prophetic assessment of who might well be the ultimate beneficiary.



Well, there you have it. SNL has just regained my respect. By the way, I don't know if this is intentional or not on her part, but Tina Fey's portrayal of Sarah Palin actually makes me like Palin that much more.

5 comments:

Frank Partisan said...

I blame Pelosi and Frank more than any conservatives for the bailout. It's Bush's role to be reactionary, and he doesn't present himself as anything else.

SecondComingOfBast said...

I blame anybody that voted for or supported this monstrosity, including Bush, Obama, and McCain, but what I really blame the Congress in general for more than anything is for allowing it to get to this state to begin with.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

I don't know what I liked more, the idea that Joe Biden would take a bullet for John McCain, or Sarah Palin prepping for a debate with Biden by hanging out with 3rd graders.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Beamish-

The skit I linked to was the one about the bailout, with Bush, Pelosi, Frank, and George Soros. It was a good skit, but they took it down. It's "no longer available", which sucks ass. I just threw in that line about Tina Fey and Palin as a "by the way". I think that skit is still up on the SNL site, at least for now.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

I saw that. you may try searching Google video for it.