Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Final Straw

UPDATE:

Well, so far so good. I've re-entered twenty six blogs on my new blogroll, and I might add a few more from the old Blogrolling program, but there will be some I'll probably exclude, in some cases because I decided they aren't anything I care to promote, and in others for the simple fact that they have gotten to the point where they rarely if ever update. The bad thing about that is, they amount to dead weight, even in those cases where they were, at one time, decent and even good blogs. There's just no use in having them around.

As for Blogrolling, the only thing I will miss about them is that, when they did work right, they let your reader know when a blog on your blogroll updated. This widget doesn't do that. There is a different blogrolling widget that does do that, and more. It even shows the first two or three lines of the latest post, if you choose that function.

The only problem with that widget is, unlike this one, it does not allow you to alphabetize your blogs. Alphabetizing helps you to have some kind of sense of order, and makes it easier on me when I want to link to a particular blog. So, for now, I'm going with that one, which means I'm probably going to stick with it from now on. This shit has just been a little too much like work for me to even think about doing it again.

And, if you wonder just what the hell I'm talking about, well, just read the rest of the post. I've kicked Blogrolling under the curve. Why? Well-

Bye bye Blogrolling don't let the door hit your worthless ass on the way out.

As for those of you on it, I've already made some headway in putting a good many of the blogs back on via the Blogger widget function, where I don't have to worry about it being hacked-I hope. I was all set to let it go, then they up and let this shit happen again, so I'm done with them. The new blogroll will be fairly trimmed in comparison. Some old crap ain't coming back, and will probably be replaced eventually by some new crap. Those of you whom I visit on a fairly consistent basis will be back up fairly quickly, if you're not already.