Friday, October 31, 2008

Peanut Butter Candy

I guess the day calls for a candy recipe, and the only one I can think of is luckily among the easiest to make.

Peanut Butter Fudge

Ingredients
Two cups sugar
Two thirds cup evaporated milk
One cup Peanut Butter
One cup Kraft Marshmallow Cream
One teaspoon pure vanilla extract

In a large saucepan, combine sugar and evaporated milk, allow to come to a rolling boil for five minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly yet gently, not too briskly. After five minutes, remove from heat and add first the peanut butter, and then the marshmallow cream, and finally the teaspoon of vanilla, taking care to mix each ingredient thoroughly before adding the next.

Pour into a margarine a butter lined cake pan and allow to cool uncovered at room temperature until candy is firm, which usually takes no longer than an hour.

This is a variation of the popular chocolate fudge recipe that is included on every jar of Kraft Marshmallow Cream and is every bit as delicious wile not being quite so rich. However, it doesn’t make quite as much candy as the chocolate version, so if you want to make a large batch you might want to consider doubling the ingredients.

2 comments:

Frank Partisan said...

Sounds heavenly.

Email me a recipe for my food and blogging series.

SecondComingOfBast said...

se this one if you want to, Ren. I don't really know that many good recipes that I can legitimately call my own, though I might have one you might like. I'll try to get around to sending it to you in a few days.