Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Alec Baldwin Answers Criticism From His Fans

I was a little wary about Sara Palin's appearance on Saturday Night Live, and honestly, I think it helped their ratings more than it helped her or the McCain-Palin campaign. She was just okay, nothing spectacular, but the main thing that struck me was the lack of interaction between her and Tina Fey. I could not help but think, here are two people that don't really like each other.

The Weekend Update Skit with Amy Poehler doing a rap that Sarah supposedly refused to do was standout hilarious. Of course Sarah Palin probably is not suited for rap, which is a very complicated skill. Even if she had the talent, she would not have had the time to learn and rehearse the verses. That's too bad, because it was a bad ass routine. The bit with the moose dancing and then falling to the sound of gunshots was especially hilarious. Overall, Amy Poehler has a career in rap if she wants one. She was that good.

Perhaps the most amusing part of the show, however, occurred off-camera in liberal homes across America, later played out on the pages of the Huffington Post. Alec Baldwin's fans were angered at Baldwin, a noted and outspoken liberal, for appearing with Palin. Leave it to the left to resent someone actually humanizing someone they disagree with, as opposed to demonizing them.

I don't like his politics, but both the left and the right could learn something from the gentlemanly behavior of ALec Baldwin, who in response to the criticism from a large segment of his and the SNL fan base, published this post in the Huffington Post where he pretty much called them out for their juvenile attitudes.

You might as well face facts, Alec. A good many of your fans are what I might call fucking pigs-if I might be so bold, sir.

6 comments:

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

On the contrary...

hehehe

SecondComingOfBast said...

I think that was dubbed over. It was originally "leave Britney alone". Still a pretty good imitation of a typical Obamabot.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Yes, I think it's brutally funny.

LEEF BAWACK AWONE WIGHT NOW!

SecondComingOfBast said...

I knew I'd seen it before, but I'd forgotten where until one of the commenters mentioned the older Britney Spears version, and then I remembered.

Quimbob said...

Actually, I thought Baldwin's comments to Palin were a kinda cheap shot.
Coming from a normal person it might be considered over the top but since that goonball lives over the top.....
I swear he is just playing himself on 30 Rock.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Baldwin plays a conservative on 30 Rock, albeit a self-serving one. He's a network studio executive, which I guess make sense. It's the actors and journalists that tend to be liberal. Most people would probably be shocked to learn the current head of CNN is an orthodox social and economic conservative. You could hear him speak and easily mistake him for Rush Limbaugh if you never heard Limbaugh's voice.

Baldwin's remarks were over the top, but remember, the skit called for him to be thinking he was with Tina Fey, not Palin, while he was "complaining" to Lorne Michaels. I thought it was pretty good, but the best part was that rap song by Poehler. That was hilarious.