Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Finally, My Blogroll

I never thought I would ever get around to it, but I finally done it, added a Blogroll to this site. I know it seems like I’ve been talking about it forever, to the point where I would almost be willing to bet that some people here and there, when I talked about it, would probably start rolling their eyes.

Still, like I explained, I wanted to take some time, and made sure I put on nothing but quality sites, which means I required myself to traverse the Internet until I found what ended up being more than I actually thought I would find, to be honest. In fact, I didn’t put all the good sites up that I found, though I might add some more later.

To begin with, I wanted a balance of political ideology, and at the same time I wanted sites that went beyond mere political discourse. Being a pagan myself, naturaly I wanted to find some worthwhile pagan blogs, and here again, I found more than I thought I would.

In addition to quality, I wanted something that updated on a fairly regular basis, that allowed readers comments (though I did make a few exceptions, reluctantly) and that wasn’t too stringent on comment moderation.

Also, I didn’t want to end up putting way too many sites up. After all, I have been to a lot of blogs, and I have seen some blogrolls that I know had to have numbered in the hundreds. I just wanted to keep it small, or at least moderate, for the time being. I like the set-up of Blogrolling, incidentally. Once you get the hang of what they are al about, and what you are doing, it’s a whiz. Getting that hang is the problem. But, I got it, finally. I like the way a blog that has recently been updated will show you this with the word new beside it, though I might have to adjust the timing on that particular feature.

I also like the layout choices you get. You can arrange them in groups of whatever number you prefer, so I arranged mine in groups of four, in alphabetical order.

At any rate, that is why I went a whole week without updating my Blog, I wanted to finally take the time to invest in some research into exactly what kinds of blogs I wanted to include. Overall, I am well satisfied with the finished product. There are a few more, as I said, that I might add later on. The Huffington Post is one probabal addition I might add in the near future. Maybe a few more, as the mood strikes, but for the most part what new ones I add will be new discoveries, and I intend to keep them to one hundred or less.

But for now, I think I have just about the right number. If you made it here, consider yourself special. There are few things in the universe I have higher regard for than my own eye for literary or journalistic quality.

13 comments:

SecondComingOfBast said...

Oh, hi rey. You're more than welcome, you have one of the best Wiccan/magic type blogs I have seen, in fact I just came from over there before posting this. I am into astrology and tarot as well, and am a Pagan with a Hellenic orientation, though somewhat eclectic.

Frank Partisan said...

I add links to just about anyone who visits my blog. The more people who link to you, and mention your blog, the higher the value of your blog.

I found at http://wholinkstome.com/ several people who link to me, that I didn't know existed.

My links are mostly to what I agree with, many I don't at all. People visit my blog, because people argue ideas.

I'm not Pagan, but I go to a Unitarian church with a labrynithe.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Thanks Renegade, I'll have to check out that site, never heard of it before. Me, I like to read and discuss a variety of ideas. I can't honestly say I agree with anybody one hundred per cent. I tend to be liberal on most politcal issues, although there are an appreciable number on which I am unabashedly conservative. I think some people think I have a split personality, and hell, I probably do. But anyway, I think it's good for people to have a balanced perspective as to other peoples views.

I'm not familiar with the term labrynithe, but I am a little familiar with the Unitarians. From my understanding, they have a strong neo-pagan influence, and are accepting of all faiths. But again, I am not that famiiar with them.

Also, I too like to discuss, or argue ideas, though sometimes feelings can get a little frayed. I've just been told in another post to "shut up", which I don't take too kindly to being told, on my own blog especially. But for the most part, I can be either agreeably disagreeable, or disagreeably agreeable.

autogato said...

RockiN! Thanks! You know, I still don't understand what a blogroll is, but I appreciate being included in yours.

SecondComingOfBast said...

No problem Auto. Look up a site called Blogrolling.com, and you will learn more about it and how to do it than from me explaining it. Actually, you can click on the link on my page where it says Powered by Blogrolling, and it should take you right to their site.

Rufus said...

Merci beaucoup!

SecondComingOfBast said...

Rufus, when I got this in my Yahoo Mail inbox I thought you were thanking me for what I said on another post.LOL Anyway, you're welcome.

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog list, Patrick. I just managed to clook at a few, but I was already laughing my ass off over "A Bird's Nest" with their misdirected mail. Looking forward to checking them all. :)

SecondComingOfBast said...

Really? I hadn't checked that link in a few days, but when I tested it it worked all right. I'll have to look into that. Glad you liked the list, though, I'll add a few more here and there.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Okay, I see what you man now, she was posting about receiving misdirected mail every day. Yeah, that was a neat post. She has a pretty good site.

Uccellina said...

Well, thank you! I try to keep my blog links list pretty small too. Right now it's smaller than I actually want it to be, because I'm having FTP drama and am unable to update the sidebar.

Happy Litha!

SecondComingOfBast said...

Happy Litha to you as well, Litha. And to all else, by the way.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Happy Litha to you as well, Uccellina, I meant to say.