Saturday, September 24, 2005

Special Announcement

It seems as though I have discovered that, as much as I enjoy doing this Blog, it is probably a waste of my time to continue with it to the extent that I have. For one thing, it is inadverdantly taking time away from the process of writing a novel, which I now haven't touched in over a month, despite the fact that I have now written well over 500 pages and am more or less two-thirds of the way through the first draft. Add to this my dismay at learning that my Blog-this Blog-has probably been flagged, has almost in fact definitely been flagged on at least two occassions, and therefore will probably not be advertised on Bloggers home page, and you see and should understand my feelings on the subject.

In fact, not only am I reasonably sure I have been flagged, I can even tell you which two posts I almost know for a fact have been flagged. One of them has to do with Florida Secretary of State Kathryn Harris, who I reported as being in the process of preparing for a run for the Senate, as a Republican from Florida, as an opponent of former astronaut and current Democratic Senator Nelson.

The other one has to do with the Schindler family, whom I have intimated are not only on the wrong side of the issue concerning son-in-law Michael Schiavo's determination to remove his wife and their daughter from life-support (a battle in which Mr. Schiavo was ultimately succesful) but that they may have had ulterior motives for doing so, including financial ones.

Evidently, one or more people took issue with my opinions, and I would almost be willing to wager that these someones are Republicans, probably of the far right wing fundamentalist evangelical conservative Christian variety. You see, these people talk a great game about believing in freedom, including freedom of speech, but this generally applies mainly to their perceived rights to get in your face and aggravate the living shit out of anyone they feel the need to haranque, and marginalize if that person or people refuses to come around to their side. It's quite a different matter when it comes to people such as myself who express a point of view that might be at odds with theirs, which I do and shall continue to do. They will try their goddamndest to shut you the fuck up. Therefore, the idea that they would take offense at my expression of my honest opinion does not surprise me in the least. Frankly, however, I feel it is my right to express my point of view, in whatever manner I want to express it, in any style of lanquage, etc. Again, I will not be deterred from doing so by these self-righteous hypocrits.

However, this little realization I have had may have been the best thing that could have happenned. I was spending too much time planning my weekly updates, which I wanted to be as comprehensive as possible. As I said, however, they were getting to the point that they were taking too much time away from other, more important matters. The projected novel I spoke of was only one example.

Nevertheless, I have not given up on Blgger yet. I will continue this Blog, and I will continue up-dating it, in fact I intend as of now to go back to my original format. I will update the Blog probably three, maybe four days a week. Each update will contain probably between one and four posts. It just depends on the given week in question, and my mood at the time, as well as what material is availiable.

For one thing, there are lots of things I could Blog about, but I want to do far more than just report ver batim things that have appearred on the news and papers. I want to give some kind of insight into them that might not ordinarily be apparrent from other sources. Otherwise, what is the point in taking my time with them, if I don't have anything original to add in the way of analysis.

Also, I intend to do more of an occult and magical type of thing from time to time. Something I have let more or less go by the wayside over the last couple of months.

Well, I guess that is about it. As for how I determined which two posts I know were flagged, well, it's like this. On a couple of occassions, when in the process of publishing a post, I was informed that the publishing could not occur, that something would not let it go through, but I can't recall the exact wording, unfortunately. What I do remember is that upon closer inspection of the page that popped up, I learned that the post I was in the process of trying to publish was not the problem. You see, when I publish any given post, I was hit "Re-Publish Blog" which does the whole Blog over. On the two occassions in question, the first time the cause of the problem was the Kathryn Harris post. The second time, it was the Schindler's post.

I almost deleted the two offensive posts, but then I decided to hell with it. I'm not going to let these sanctimonious motherfuckers censor me. Or Blogger, for that matter. And that's just the name of that tune.