Thursday, September 15, 2005

Hermes-Would Nice To Be Seen On Blogger

I'm attunning these days with the god Hermes, and I don't know quite what to make of him. He's witty, he's funny, and he can be aggravating as hell. Just the other night I had a dream from him in which he showed me this page in black and white, white letters on a black background, that I could read as plain as day, and I remember I didn't like a bit of what I was reading. It made me feel sad, angry, and depressed. But when I woke up I couldn't remember a word of it. A refelction, possibly, of the fact that i don't really like where my life is heading at this point, and don't really know where that is.

Hermes is just that type of god, hard to figure out, but they all are. What are they, really? Are they actual deities in the traditional meaning of that word? Or are they merely forces of nature, a kind of energy, that people tend to project their conscous natures onto? Great sources of power nevertheless, regardless of their actual natures.

One way to attune with this messenger of the gods is by dice, or by coins. But most people just don't get it. They think you toss a coin, or a set of dice, and get a simple yes or no answer. It's more complicated than that. You toss the coin, or the dice, or whatever other divinatory tool you might use, and then you contemplate the result of the toss, maybe even sleep on it. Your answer will come to you, maybe in the form of a dream, or maybe in the form of a sudden awareness. But it will come, with time and patience. Incense is good as an augnentary tool, as are candles and stones.

As such, I intend to attune with him to a greater extent than normal, especially as regarding my social life and career. The first is nonexistent in any meaningful way. The other is tentative at best. But Hermes, well, he's somewhat of a trickster god, and reminded me of his presence just a bit ago. During my last post, in fact, which ended up being posted like about fifty fucking times. As I was bemoaning the lack of direction and focus my career path was taking in comparison to certain luminaries, I noticed the damn thing didn't want to post, the Internet was creeping painfully slowly, so I clicked and clicked and clicked, over and over agian, then in disgust went to the bathroom. Upon my return, i was told the page would not display, whereupon in a rage I went to the dashboard, where I learned the post had indeed been psted-more times than I could count.

Well, I got them all off, but one, the one I intended to post, and reflected somewhat on my life, and my dream, and the god. I had intended for this post to be about Hermes, but didn't know exactly what I had intended to say. Well, I guess that little problem was taken care of. Now I have another one, and it has to do with Blogger. They have this little thing now where you see what Blogs are being currently updated. But I haven't seen mine yet, though I have been updating all day. This, of course, is my regular update day. But I know why. They have another little policy where you can flag a potential problem Blog, and I guess mine has caught their attention. And they are just politically correct enough to not want to offend anybody. So don't look for too much of value in the Blgs they announce. I have looked through some of them, believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

The point to this? They assure us all that the Flag policy isn't intended to amount ot censorship, but the implications are obvious. They are hoping people will censor themselves, just to avoid not being recognized or promoted. My response to this? I will not change my Blogger style one whit. Not in the slightest. When I feel like being obnoxous, and nasty, and controversial, I will be so. I will change nothing. If they don't want to promote me, that is their problem, but it is also their loss. I may, some day, change to another Blog spot, or stop Blogging all together. I figure it has limited value at best, to begin with. But the minute they start binding their members to codes of conduct and expectations of political correctness just to avoid offending a few goddamned whiners and petty pussy assed cocksuckers, they are doing their readers a disservice, they are doing their bloggers a disservice, and in the log run, they are doing themselves a disservice.

And in the event that Blogger takes notice of this particular little Post, I would hope that they would consider it in the spirit in which it was intended. Consider it a form of divine intervention. Or, as Hermes himself might be apt to say, a little bit of friendly advice.