Sunday, August 05, 2007

Guest Blogger On Minneapolis Bridge Disaster

SPECIAL NOTE FROM THE PAGAN TEMPLE:

I am happy and proud to now present a first person eye-witness account of the Minneapolis Bridge Collapse disaster. I thereby introduce Leftist Radical Riley Flubbs. Mr. Flubbs has enjoyed a distinquished career as a left-wing activist since the glory days of the sixties, when he took part in various anti-war protests throughout the nation, particularly in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota area.


Naturally, I felt it was appropriate that Mr. Flubbs be presented a forum in which he might present his own unique perspective as to the events leading up to this tragedy, and it's imediate aftermath, and his thoughts as to what this portends for the future.

Disclaimer: The following editorial does not necessarily reflect the views, beliefs or positions of The Pagan Temple.


So, without further ado, it is my great privilege to present to you, the great Riley Flubbs:




Hello, my name is Riley Flubbs, and I am a Leftist Radical and an old nineteen sixties hippy. I haven’t had a bath in forty years, nor do I ever shower. I look at it this way-germs have as much a right to live as I do. All life, no matter how small or “insignificant”, has a soul. But thanks to American selfishness and Big Business greed, Proctor And Gamble have got most folks addicted to soap, deodorant, and shampoo, unconcerned as to the Germ Holocaust they willingly perpetuate on a daily basis.

I was on my way to a demonstration the other day, a protest against the Iraq War, when the evil George Chimpy Bush almost accomplished two of his most cherished goals in one fell swoop. Had he succeeded, your faithful guest blogger/reporter would not only have been silenced, but my cherished multi-cultural metropolis of Botulin, Influenza, Syphilis, and E Coli would have perished forever, when the bridge in Minneapolis collapsed over the Mississippi River.

By the grace of Gaea, I am here with you today. I never drive, not even a so-called electric or hybrid car, which after all is just another tool of the Multi-Cultural New World Order to insure our slavish devotion through dependency. For that matter, anybody that buys and operates such a vehicle is listed on the FBI’s Secret Most Wanted List, and you can bet those vehicles have been bugged, and you are being monitored. No thank you, I will stick to my trusty ten-speed.

Unfortunately, my high ethical standards almost cost me my life that day, and when I felt the bridge buckling in such a way as I never before felt, I stopped and uttered a quick prayer to Gaea. People were honking their horns, shouting hateful things, while others stopped and asked me if I was all right. I took one look at them, and once I saw they shared my accursed devilish white genes, I realized they were merely feigning concern, so I ignored them and went on with my praying. One motorist who stopped and asked if I needed help was black, come to think of it, but he did not talk like an authentic black man. In fact, he sounded suspiciously like Lester Holt, so I ignored him as well.

I got the distinct impression through my psychic third eye that Gaea was urging me to hurry. I did, and made it across the bridge. Not too long afterwards, the bridge collapsed. Though the evil, doubtless Dick MacHalliburton Cheney-conceived plot failed in taking my life, a good many of their expendable corporate lackeys and fascist bootlickers were also spared that day, and so it was a glorious, happy day all around. Had my prayers not spurred Gaea to hold out longer, more of them would have died than turned out to be the case. Therefore, our wicked, amoral government will have to come up with another way to put all those social security and pension funds back into the kitty. The fact that all of their brainwashed sheeple have survived to perpetuate more of their capitalist evil is just an unfortunate consequence. Don’t blame me, I feel bad enough about it as it is.

I later realized, my death was not the main purpose for this act of sabotage by Bu$hCo. No, that was only a little would-be extra bonus for the fascists. The main reason, of course, was to invent an excuse to invade Minnesota. Any day now, they will send those jack-booted thugs known as The Army Corps of “Engineers”, which will soon be an army of occupation. They will then use their presence in Minneapoilis as a base of operations in preparation for the day of the next Presidential election. If their evil plot succeeds, they will make sure Minnesota is solidly in the Republican camp.

They will do this under the pretext of designing and constructing a safe bridge over the Mississippi River. Of course, there are no safe bridges, because bridges, of course, are unnatural, just like cities and sewer systems, reservoirs and dams. Just another way for the evil human race to deface the planet with no regard for the trillions of lives with which we share our glorious planet.

Nevertheless, they will be there, conducting their studies and considering their different plans and designs, all for the purpose of enabling people to travel back and forth to and from their accursed “work” in their beastly automobiles, al the while belching their poisonous fumes into the skies above us.

And I don’t want to hear anybody refer to the Army Corps of Engineers as “heroes”. That’s just more propaganda from the Bu$hitler regime. Old Chimpy knows what he’s doing. If you oppose this monstrous yet inevitable bridge building project, then you will be accused of being unpatriotic. If you “Support the Troops”, then you by extension have to support the Bridge.

Of course, the Democratic Party is a bunch of cowardly wusses and corporate sell-outs, so they will repeat the tired old mantra of “Support the Troops”, but I say a jackboot thug is just another brownshirt, regardless of nation of origin.

I have a question for George Dubya Boooosh. If this project is so important, where are your fucking daughters, Barbara and Jenna? Will they be stepping up to volunteer to work on the bridge rebuilding project? Why are they not in the fucking Army Corps of Engineers?

Is it because they are daddy’s little girls, and so they are too fucking good? Or maybe like most wealthy, spoiled little brats, they just don’t care about anybody but themselves?

On the other hand, maybe it is because they are just like their dumbass fucking daddy-

Unqualified.

9 comments:

Tom Accuosti said...

Yo, PT -

Much better! I like the header pic, and you moved your archives up.

BTW, we've got this has-been hippie dude who writes almost exactly like this for an alternative paper herein Conn.

SecondComingOfBast said...

That would make some interesting reading. Is any of his stuff on-line?

Glad you like the new pic. Odin was starting to get pretty old. Aphrodite never does. Get old, that is.

Tom Accuosti said...

You could try this link:
Alan Bisbort to his blog. I haven't read it, so I dont' know if he whines and moans and rants and raves the way he does in his regular column.

SecondComingOfBast said...

HaHaHaHa, according to my browser the name of his blog is "Smirking Chimp", now gee I wonder what that is a reference to?

Yeah I'll check that out, if it is as hilarious as it sounds I might even add him to my blogroll.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Tom-Hey, that guy is a good writer and an interesting blogger, and his blog is visually comfortable to read as well. I added him. He doesn't really come across as a fruit loop here, at least not by what I've read so far.

One of these days I'm going to be off my blog, and all the blogs on my blogroll are going to get into a knock down drag out.

Tom Accuosti said...

Knock yourself out, PT. His weekly column comes across like an old hippie. I'm so tired of reading his anti-establishment rants that I skip over that section.

Being a libertarian, I dont' see all business as bad, evil things, nor do I see gummint as the cure-all for our social ills. I get tired of the same rants from the Johnny One-notes.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Tom-I hear what you're saying, and agree. Still, I do try to keep a balanced representation of views on my blog, so he'll do as one of the examples from his side.

Hell, I've got communists and right-wing Christian conservatives, a few little ol' liberal hippies couldn't hurt.

na said...

Dear PT,

This is an interesting post.

Many saw this bridge collapse as just the failure of an overstressed aging bridge. Mr Flubbs adds an interesting and new perspective. His writing style is good (so is yours in my opinion).

The Great Mississippi River, and all rivers for that matter, have a Dueno (dominant spiritual entity) that lives in them. In my skull scrying there was an indication that the Old Black Water Dueno was going to act upon something She/He disliked. The images in the skull revealed a Dark Entity reaching with His Left Hand for something brown/rust colored. Apparantly the Black Water Dueno was reaching for the rusty bridge structured and pulled on it with great force. Though this will sound absurd to most, and even when shown the image that revealed this to me, some will not see it because their eyes have different pespectives than mine. I created a photo album called Black Water just before this bridge collapsed. You can view the photo in question at the following link:
http://groups.msn.com/TheHauntedII/blackwater.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2931

On a similar note, Mothman has always been an interesting figure in the paranormal reality. His presence was greatly felt in Point Pleasant, WV just before the collapse of a bridge there. The Silver Bridge on Route 35 going over the Ohio River collapsed in rush hour traffic killing 46 people.

In closing, lets recall the Doobie Brother hit Black Water:

Well, I built me a raft
And she's ready for floatin'
Old Mississippi, she's calling my name
Catfish are jumpin'
That paddle wheel pumpin'
Black water keep rollin' on past just the same

Oh black water, keep on rolling
Mississippi Moon won't you keep on shining on me
Oh black water, keep on rolling
Mississippi Moon won't you keep on shining on me
Oh black water, keep on rolling
Mississippi Moon won't you keep on shining on me

Yeah, keep on shining your light
Gonna make everything, pretty mama
Gonna make everything all right
And I ain't got no worries
Cause I ain't in no hurry at all

Well if it rains I don't care
Don't make no difference to me
Just take that streetcar that's goin' uptown

Yeah, I like to hear some funky Dixieland
And dance some honky tonk
And I be buyin' everybody drinks all 'round

Oh black water, keep on rolling
Mississippi Moon won't you keep on shining on me
Oh black water, keep on rolling
Mississippi Moon won't you keep on shining on me
Oh black water, keep on rolling
Mississippi Moon won't you keep on shining on me

I like to hear some funky Dixieland
Pretty mama come and take me by the hand
By the hand, hand
Take me by the hand, pretty mama
Come and dance with your daddy all night long

I like to hear some funky Dixieland
Pretty mama come and take me by the hand
By the hand, hand
I want to honky tonk
Take me by the hand, pretty mama
Honky tonk, honky tonk
Come on and dance with your daddy all night long
With you all night long

P.S. On the Maya Long Count Calendar date 9.11.0.0.0 Chac Xib Chac rose up out of the Black Water.

Blue Skull

SecondComingOfBast said...

Blue Skull-

I thank you and so does the great Mr. Riley Flubbs. In fact, he might make yet another guest post someday in the not too distant future, if I can keep him straight long enough to trust him at my keyboard.

That's an interesting theory you've got there. I tend to think it was a bit more of a mundane explanation, but at the same time, I do believe there is a spiritual life force in the waters of the earth.

You might want to one of these days check out that part of Kentucky where the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers join together, near Paducah.

Now that might truly be a spiritual place of wondrous magic. By the way, there's a fault line near there as well, so I think of it as sacred to Poseidon.