Monday, August 06, 2007

A Short And Concise History Of Beer

Lemuel Calhoun, at Hillbilly White Trash, has written a throughly enjoyable post about beer, it's origins and history up into present day America. The post provides a multitude of links, and inadvertently answered a question that has bugged me for some time now.

Why do I like shitty beer?

It's true. Barbarian that I am, I love a good cold Bud, sorry. Actually, the best beer I ever drank was a relatively unknown brand called Rolling Rock, with Heinekin probably coming in second. But good ol' Bud is tied there with Millers at a fairly close third.

Now I see why, thanks to this post. It is just simply more refreshing, and yes, even when it ain't Bud Light, it is still less filling.

Now one day maybe I can move on and prove my theory that the Great Pyramid of Giza originally, or at least at one point in time was, nothing but an overgrown, glorified brewery.

Right now, though, all I can really concentrate on is how writing this post just made me thirsty as hell.

Cheers.