Monday, July 16, 2007

Vacation Aruba-Reviewed And Revisited

To the people that are not interested in the Natalie Holloway case-do not read this post.

I recently discovered that a well-meaning lady who advised her fellow forum members that the information contained within my post here was “not of God” had linked me on BlogsForNatalie. She advised them to read accordingly, as she thought it might be interesting to read the point of view from one of “like minds”. She seemed to be putting me on the same level as the Kalpoe Brothers and Joran Van der Sloot who, according to all available evidence, kidnapped young Natalie Holloway, raped her, and either purposely or accidentally killed her on the island of Aruba, where Ms. Holloway was in the course of a school trip. As of yet, her body has never been found.

I did a series of posts with the heading “Vacation Aruba”, in which I offered a great deal of criticism toward the media who seemed to me to be playing this tragedy as a ratings bonanza more than a very real and personal family tragedy. At the same time, they did keep the story at the forefront, and uncovered a lot of evidence that might have never seen the light of day otherwise, so it is a two edged sword after all.

I joined the forum to explain my point of view, whereupon me and “AlabamaMom” came to an understanding. She was mainly concerned about the Medusa head on my sidebar, which she saw as Satanic, and which I in fact use to illustrate the very real “hell” of dealing with Technorati, Site-Meter, Statcounter, and other such services. I am glad though that I have these services, as this is how I discovered this site. Me and AlabamaMom are now friendly acquaintances.

I still think Natalie, after she was killed, was transported a great distance in the trunk of a car to a remote, uninhabited portion of the island, where she was just thrown in the overgrowth of bushes, perhaps down a steep slope, and left to rot, and be eaten by animals, in the hot Aruba sun. That in connection with the tropical rainfall-in fact a hurricane went through the island not long after her disappearance-would have left very little of her to find after a short amount of time, and what might have been left would have been scattered. She will probably never be found.

In he meantime, the three young men obviously responsible, who by now would rightfully be serving life sentences in this country, will likely never serve a day in prison. Such are the standards of proof demanded on this island, ruled by Dutch law. So much for enlightened, European style justice.