Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Fool And His Money

Barak Obama, Democratic Senator from Illinois and current Democratic Presidential candidate, has decided, by gum, that he can do without the support of A J Drew. He just recently made a statement to the effect that pre-school and kindergarten children should be taught sex education.

While a good many of Obama’s supporters are doubtless in the process of trying to figure out how exactly to extract the figurative foot sized bullet from his brain, self-inflicted by the candidate himself by way of his mouth, let me explain exactly why he made this incredibly stupid pronouncement. By the time someone has come up with a conceivable plan to resurrect his campaign from the all but dead, I might even be able to explain it in a way that makes it understandable.

Not excusable, mind you-just understandable.

I offer you two words by way of explanation-

Ophra Winfrey.

This is a perfect example of why Hollywood people and other celebrities should be told upfront, “Look, I appreciate your help and support, and I especially appreciate your financial contributions and fund raising and your promotion of me to all your friends and fans. But if you expect me to get out there and promote some stupid fucking idea like that, your money and support are worthless to me, because you are going to make me look like a fucking brain dead maniac.”

Not that I know for a fact, of course, that this absurd and ill-advised idea came from Opra Winfrey. Yet, she is Obamas most well known and most fervent open supporter. She has helped him overcome and surpass the best fund-raising efforts of the Clinton machine with her contributions, encouragement, and open support. It is a known fact that she has stated that she herself was a past victim of child sexual abuse. She is also an advocate of all kinds of children’s issues. I would not be surprised or for that matter upset were she in fact a supporter of reasonable high school (or even middle school) sex education. Knowing this,however, why should it be a shock if she also supported this insanity?

Moreover, without a doubt, she is a major factor in Obama’s fund-raising success in general, and for his overall popularity, especially in California.

So, come on, do the math. No, once again, I don’t know it for a fact.

But I bet’cha.