Monday, July 30, 2007

Cold Comfort

The US House of Representatives has sponsored a non-binding resolution calling on Japan to acknowledge it's role during World Warr II in forcing something like 200,000 Asian women to work in brothels for the pleasure of it's Imperial forces.

Of course, somebody has brought up the issue of reparations, which is apparently the main reason the Japanese have been reluctant to issue more than an official apology, while some have even denied responsibility on the part of the government or the Japanese military.

Seems like an easy enough way to compromise would be to find out what the going rate was for a blow job, a piece of pussy (or ass), and an around the world. Assume each one of these 200,000 women engaged in sex an average of twenty times a week, or maybe round it off to a hundred times a month.

200,000 times twenty dollars (let's just use that as an average) would amount to four million dollars a day worth of sex. Four million times one hundred would equal 400 million dollars.

Over a one year period, this adds up to 4 billion, eight hundred million dollars. Let's multiply this by ten, which is about the amount of time many of these brothels were in operation.

You now have a grand total of 48 billion dollars.

Come on now, guys, you had your fun-time to pay the piper.

5 comments:

Frank Partisan said...

I would move the novel into another blog, just for it.

I think you should draw a line. I think novels slow traffic to a blog.

SecondComingOfBast said...

It hasn't really affected my traffic, I get as much as I ever did, which ain't much.

Nobody cares about what independents think about issues, even other independents, if you don't think like them ninety percent of the time.

What I might do though is move my archive page up toward the top of the sidebar, so if somebody wants to see what else I've been blogging about without having to scroll down too far, they can see the titles.

After I'm finished with it, I probably will put it entirely on it's on blog, from beginning to end, with a specific link to it from the sidebar.

I just hate to change directions now, after doing this for so long. Besides, it spurs me to continue writing it.

Even if I did it that way now, it wouldn't increase my blog output. I aim for roughly ten other blog posts a week, more or less all on one day.

Remember, at one time there was a movement encouraging bloggers to write novels on their blogs. This was about two years ago, and nothing really came of it. Hopefully, if nothing else my blog will be unique for this reason at least.

Tom Accuosti said...

Sorry, PT, but I kinda hafta agree with R-eye.

But I'll take the consolation of moving your archives/latest posts up to the top where it's easier to click on the new stuff.

Actually, lately I've been reading most stuff on Google Reader anyway, so I s'pose I could just add you to the list.

Unfortunately, you do have a point about nobody - including other independents - caring much about the independent POV.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Tom-I guess you know now the wisdom of that old saying "nobody would like sausage if they watched it being made".

Think of this novel in it's current stage as sausage. The finished product is yet to come, and when it finally gets here, this blog (and the new one just for it) will be a complete record of both the sausage and the sausage making.

Besides, there really ain't that much interesting to blog about anyway, and I sure ain't getting rich doing it.

Tom Accuosti said...

The Laws & Sausages quote has been attributed to Otto Von Bismark.

I added your blog to Google Reader, which makes things much easier for me, anyhow. ;-)

Not making money off the blog? You and fifteen billion other people. Unless you try accepting advertising. I guess "Jimmy Dean" would be the first one that come sto mind...