Tuesday, January 16, 2007

An Idea, Maybe A Good One, Maybe Not So Good

Just a note. I am thinking about writing a novella or short story, play, etc., on this blog, to be written in installments, to be updated maybe once a month or so. I haven't made up my mind whether I want to do a science fiction, horror, crime drama, western, etc. I woke up today thinking about this and drew up this weird scenario for a science fiction story where this warlike race of aliens signs a peace treaty with earth, which is sealed by a marriage between the alien leaders son and an earth leaders daughter.

I won't go into any more detail than that, and really I don't know where the hell this actually came from. I'm generally not into most science fiction, though I have read some that I have enjoyed, for example, The Sirens Of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Anyway, I'll have to give it some more thought, though I still don't know where I dredged this up from. In the meantime, of course, if I do it, any advice or constructive criticism is welcome. If you think it's shitty, tell me, I won't delete any comments, even the more absurdly denigrating ones. Why should I?

Bear in mind, I am not talking about changing the blog, just adding this to it. Of course, every update will include a list of links to all previous chapters. The only thing I'm really worried about is not whether the story will be good, it's whether or not I will be able to keep up with it once I start it.