Thursday, August 04, 2005

Current TV

It's a done deal. Al Gore will soon proudly oversee the launching of his newest brainchild, the first since the legitimacy challenged birth of the Internet. The new child will promise to produce much ooh-ing and aah-ing, and a few kitchie-kitchie-koos. But a lot of people are going to whisper under their breaths, "what an ugly fucking baby". And a few more are going to do so in stage whispers.

Current TV. I'm not sure exactly what it is. You assume there will be a healthy dose of politics, probably slanted to the left, though hopefully presenting a balanced perspective, or at least not being overly strident.

But it sems it will be about more than just politics. There seems to be an opportunity here for newcomers and beginning filmmakers to show off their talents and their expertise. To express their creative talents. Their vision.

Hey, Al, give me a call. I got talent. I got vision. The expertise, well, we might have to work on that one. But at least I got a lot of heart.

And I got a lot of ideas, Al. Creative, original ideas. So what do you say? Al?

Al?

2 comments:

Liz said...

Argh. Another one of those things.

Anyway, too bad no on has a currant TV channel. Hey, nothing wrong with fruit spreads, right? (I know - one of my horrid puns. What a way to announce that I cisited your blog. =^~,0^=)

SecondComingOfBast said...

Hey, what's wrong with puns? For that matter, what's wrong with currants? I would prefer currants over-uuhhh-spam, any fucking day.