Sunday, March 29, 2009

Please Heal Our Earth

Earth Hour? Oh yeah, it was a big success, and because there was reportedly such a large degree of participation throughout all parts of the world by so many people (a good many of whom were politicians and businesses looking to make a good impression) suddenly we have a "mandate".

Hasn't there already been an "Earth Day" for a while? I guess "Earth Month" is next, and of course don't forget "Earth Week".

Hey, I know, what about Earth Minute? Everybody just take one deep breath and hold it for a full minute, all at the same time. That's a whole minute with no carbon dioxide emissions from human lungs. Think of our earth and its survival, people.

I might have an even better idea though, one that would accomplish more towards healing the earth than all the carbon reduction attempts you ever could or would make.

I call it "Earth Second". That's where all you harebrained fanatics buy a gun while you can still do so legally, store one bullet in the chamber, and then, at the same precise second, blow your fucking brains out and leave the rest of us alone. There goes your carbon footprints, assholes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol

Frank Partisan said...

The post is pointless.

I'm not into a green lifestyle or anything like that. I don't deny there are problems with ecology.

Quimbob said...

I was all set to do the Earth Hour thing but I completely forgot.
As often as I lose power, tho (fuck you, Duke), I figure I have "Earth Hours" on a fairly regular basis, anyway, so what the heck ?

SecondComingOfBast said...

Exactly. They've got their fucking nerve anyway. What with their outrageous scare tactics and the way they've jacked around and manipulated prices they can stick their earth hours where the fucking sun don't shine.