Saturday, July 16, 2005

Utopia In A Bottle

For beer lovers evrywhere, Samuel Adams Brewery will soon release an 8,500 bottle limited edition of a 25% alcohol beer it calls Utopia. Only it's not really for beer lovers everywhere, unless you can afford to pluck down 100 dollars. You read it right, 100 dollars a bottle. Of course, I have no doubt it will sell out, and a good lot of the bottles will probably never be opened. So Samuel Adams will gross on this product a cool 850,ooo dollars. Me, I couldn't afford to buy a drink of the stuff. I bet it will be damned good though. And I bet there will be more, probably under a different name. And look for other breweries to follow suit. Me, I'll stick to Heineken.

2 comments:

SemiMBA said...

$100 for a bottle of beer? I think not! Go to a small town in Holland or Germany and order the house beer. That is real beer. (and forget the imported Heiniken, it is the Budweiser of Dutch beers)

SecondComingOfBast said...

Thanks for the advice, I would love the opportunity to go there some day. And by the way, welcome to "The Temple"