Monday, July 11, 2005

Shasta Groene

Well, I was pretty far off the mark in my June post entitled "Sex Slaves", which you can find by clicking on the June Archives link. I had determined the Groene children had been taken from their home in Couer D'Alene, Idaho, with the permission of hteir mother, in lieu of money owed to drug dealers, whom I suspected of being connected to the one time White Supremacist movement that was prevalent in the town. I further theorized that, after taking the children, the people than murdered the family anyway. Now, of course, the truth has come out, or at least partially so. In fact, you can read the archives of Joseph Duncan's Blog, "The Fifth Nail, right here on Blogger, or you could anyway, the last time I tried to. I read it to see if I could establish some connection with Coeur D'Alene, but unfortunately as of what few posts I read so far, was unable to.

Perhaps it is like they said, it was a random hit by a sick, disturbed individual. It's possible he was even updating his Blog right in Couer D'Alene the last few posts, and may have iunadverdantly overheard a conversation by one of the children, who may have been at the library where he may have been using public access computers, and somehow got their address. Or, perhaps, as has been said, he simply spotted their house from the Interstate, noticed a party going on, the children playing in the yard, and the people were leaving, and he knew they were easy targets.

Possibly while he was in prison, he had associates who had been involved in the White Supremacist movement in Couer D'Alene, and he may have even become aware of the Groene's or the MacKenzies. Possibly we will never know. One thing we know for cerain, is this was one sick individual, and he was right about one thing that he posted in his Blog. He is sufferring from a disease that he contracted from society. Not to excuse him, by any means. But exactly what is it that creates this kind of monster, and what can be done about it, without fostering and encouraging a kind of frenzy in which no stranger, and very few non-strangers, can be trusted to even the slightest degree? Sure, a reasonable amount of suspicion of anyone is healthy, but too much of it, on the other hand, can be malignant, like a cancer on society that might end up as bad, and even conceivably worse, than the disease that spawned it.

Of course, I always said, I never trust anyone, but myself. Me, I know. I can't say the same for anybody else. And a deck of Tarot Cards, as I found out quite some time ago, can only tell you so much.