Thursday, November 03, 2011

National Novel Writing Month


Can you write a novel by the end of the month? If so, you might be interested in National Novel Writing Month You are required to register on the site, where they can track your progress, offer you support, and supply a forum of like minded writers. If you get er done by the end of the month, you'll see it published on-line. I'm seriously thinking of giving it a shot. The catch is, it has to be 50,000 words or more. I'm not sure, but I think that works out to 1700 words a day, which is roughly five pages, I think. That is not as easy as it might sound, by the way. I just found out about this, so I don't know if I can do it without sacrificing time for other matters. Obviously, quality would be one of them.

But I think I do have a partial solution. Tarot cards. Yep, I'll draw a card at the end of every night, sleep on it, and craft the novel based on what card, or cards, I draw. 

It might be interesting, but I just wish I had known about it ahead of time. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any prizes, outside of the title, and of course the bragging rights. But if anything else, this might be a good motivational exercise.