Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Fox Basically Has A Liberal Democrat Problem

I was having a late breakfast this morning, and I had the Fox News Show Happening Now on in the background, where a Mr. Joe Cirincione of the State Department was being interviewed by Jenna Lee about the current controversy regarding the nation of Iran. Cirincione has been hyped as some kind of nuclear expert and was giving his opinion about current worries about Iran's nuclear program. I wasn't really paying that much attention, until I heard him mention the name of GOP presidential primary candidate Herman Cain. When I heard what he said, I was so shocked I literally jumped up from my chair and practically ran into the living room. I was so shocked I wasn't exactly sure I had heard what I thought I had, so later I went on the Fox News website and found the Happening Now Blog.

Sure enough, others had heard it, and were commenting on it. One of the commenters was kind enough to supply what seems to have been a direct quote. Or if not, it was close enough to what I remembered I copied it and pasted it below, as follows-

"Iran basically has a Herman Cain problem, they both DID something terribly wrong in the past that is now being disclosed. It is humiliating to try to acknowledged what happened."

Like i said, I couldn't believe my ears, and evidently many others are equally outraged. Some blame Jenna Lee for not calling him, but frankly, what could she say? This interview had nothing whatsoever to do with Mr. Cain, and she clearly was not prepared for such an obvious political hit job.

Fox should issue an apology to Mr. Cain, his family, his campaign, and his supporters, which by the way I am not one, though I would have zero problem voting for him or supporting him should he win the nomination.

Furthermore, this Democratic apparatchik should no longer be invited on Fox to speak on any matter whatsoever. And while they're at it, there are a plethora of other leftists and liberal Democrats who should be given the boot.

One of these days the Koch Brothers or someone similar are going to realize that a cable news channel that in addition to hard news and investigative journalism, is devoted to the discussion of conservative issues with a minimum of liberal bullshit, would bury Fox along with every other "news" show currently running.

Fair and balanced. It was good while it lasted, but its run its course. You can only put up with a minimum of vermin infestation. Before long they get to the point where they start to take over, and then you have a problem. Before long, the integrity of your dwelling becomes so compromised it is no longer fit for human habitation. What happened today is just one sign among many that its time for Fox to call the exterminators.

UPDATE-Fox News has provided a video of the interview, so you can see for yourself. The entire video is 4:33. The offensive remark comes at roughly the 1:23 mark.



UPDATE-Welcome to readers of Doug Ross @ Journal and thanks to Doug for the link, and of course to my buddy Zilla for sending it to him.