Monday, February 02, 2009

A Guide And Links To Today's Imbolc Posts

Since there are so many posts, and some of them are quite long, I decided to move them around from the original order. Perfectionist that I am, I was unsatisfied with the original order, but unfortunately I just didn't have the time yesterday to put a lot into it. Anyway, without further ado-

Since I always like to start off Sabbat post series with a song video, I started this set on the previous post with Wah-Wah by George Harrison, recorded live at Madison Square Garden in 1971 at the Concert For Bangla-Desh.

Validation is a short comedy film starring T J Thine, and demonstrates the need for joy in life, and how a simple good-natured smile can be so infectious.

Imbolc Food, Fun, And Games-what can i say, it's not for everybody, but you still might want to give it a try. It might even be good for your heart.

Of course, no good Sabbat celebration would be complete without a good drink, and this one is in keeping with the season, complete as it is with the fire of the God and the mother's milk of the Goddess. I am referring of course to Hot Buttered Rum Cow.

After that comes a film that celebrates human potential in the form of Free-Style Skiing.

The power animal for this Imbolc is a newbie-a cross between the polar bear and grizzly.

Astrological Aspects For Imbolc

Imbolc Tarot Reading

Kiva is about a charitable web-site that raises money to aid struggling entrepreneurs in third world countries, which is a worthy endeavor to acknowledge during a Sabbat that aims to encourage positive growth and independence and yet recognizes the need for guidance along the road to success.

Thorn is a new pagan magazine that itself shows great promise and potential for future growth into hopefully something of established and lasting success.

My "Sermon" For Imbolc might be taken by some as an ideological rant, but I did put quite a bit of thought into it. I don't think you have to be an ideologue of any stripe to appreciate where I'm coming from, or at least so I hope.

Finally, the Imbolc series ends with a Druid Meditation For Imbolc, which I lifted from a Yahoo Group in which it was posted by group owner Shadowhawk.

Well, that's it for now. I'll get around later to adding the links, for the benefit of those who find it difficult to navigate a lengthy series of new posts, especially those who aren't particularly fond of reading a large number of posts at one time. The links should make it easier, somewhat. Hopefully I'll be able to get around to adding them sometime today, sooner rather than later. Hope you enjoy them or find at least something to your liking.

Me, I'm taking a couple of days off from this, but I'll return hopefully before the weekend.

Later.

2 comments:

Rufus said...

It's a lot of reading, but that's not a bad thing. Incidentally, you might like this site
http://www.realitysandwich.com/

SecondComingOfBast said...

Thanks, I'll check it out later.