Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Chili

In keeping with the last Yule, and in honor of my (made-up)Yule God, I now present for your New Years edification, the following chili recipe, which I call, of course-

The Mighty Eskimo Chili Recipe

You will need-

2 pds. of ground moose burger (failing that, two pounds of ground chuck will do just fine-it did for me).

two eight-ounce cans of tomato sauce (and equal parts water)
one-half of a large green pepper
one-half of a small white onion
one eight-ounce can of pinto beans
About twenty strands of spaghetti broken up into quarter pieces
one-half can of beer, flat
one Hershey's bar (or one large piece of homemade fantasy fudge recipe from Kraft Marshmallow Cream jar).
one package of chili seasoning mix
hot sauce-about nine dashes, or to taste

First, in a large skillet, brown the meat, and drain the grease into a container for disposal.

In a large saucepan, add the meat, the seasoning mix, the tomato sauce and water, mix thoroughly over medium heat. After it comes to a boil, add the beans, the onion, and the green pepper. Allow to boil lightly for about twenty minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Then, add the candy and the beer and the hot sauce. Stir as you reduce the hear to low for about ten minutes. Add the spaghetti and then cover with a lid, allowing to simmer for about twenty minutes.

Eat a large bowl for New Years night, with a beer or Coke, etc., along with saltine crackers and Doritos with dip of choice. keep a large roll of toilet paper handy, and don't say I didn't warn you.

6 comments:

Frank Partisan said...

Send me an email with a recipe. My series is continuing. I do have several recipes, but eventually I'll use them all.

That chili is chili that can't be ignored. I like how chocolate is used.

na said...

"keep a large roll of toilet paper handy, and don't say I didn't warn you."

LOL This reminds me of the movie Alice's Restaurant." The scene where Arlo Guthrie was riding with a couple who picked him up hitchhiking and they were talking about all the food they liked to eat. Arlo comes off the cuff and says, "One thing I noticed is that the more you eat the more you shit." lol

Frank Partisan said...

Mooseburger?

The recipe is in my file.

There are some who only comment at my blog, when I have recipes up.

Frank Partisan said...

I'll print the recipe, after I post a new Alan Woods post.

Anonymous said...

No no no

6 oz. suet, cut into small pieces
3 lbs. boneless chuck, trimmed and diced
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
6 tbsp. chili powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup masa harina
4 cups beef broth, warm
3 tbsp. white vinegar
Cayenne pepper

1. Melt suet in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Remove and discard any solid pieces of suet, then add beef, in batches if necessary, and brown, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes.

2. Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper and mix well. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, then sprinkle meat mixture with masa harina. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.

3. Gradually stir in broth, 4 cups warm water, and vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, stirring frequently. Cook until meat is tender and begins to "melt" into sauce, about 4 hours; add water as necessary. Adjust seasoning with salt and cayenne pepper. Serve garnished with cilantro and accompanied by Tabasco sauce and saltines.

http://tinyurl.com/gf-s-first-day

SecondComingOfBast said...

Sounds like a hella good recipe Janey Ruth. I think I would stick to mine though. It's cheaper and easier, and probably as good. Thanks though.