Friday, December 22, 2006

A Little Game Of Christmas tag

So, I was tagged earlier today by Lemuel, from Hillbilly White Trash, to participate in this little Christmas meme. It goes something like this:

1. First, you list the three things you would like to have for Christmas.

2. Then, you list three things you do not want for Christmas.

3. Finally, you list the names of five fellow bloggers and inform them on their own blogs that they have been tagged to do the same thing. They will then come to your blog for the insructions. Then after they make their list, they have to tag five bloggers, etc.

Of course, I guess by the time a couple of days have gone by it will change to what you wish you had gotten for Christmas, and three things you are glad you did not get (or wish you had not gotten).

Anyway, the three things I wish I could get for Christmas are:

1. A new, promising career in which I could look forward to making a contribution throughout many years to come. For example, a great contract as a writer with a reputable, solid publishing house, including a reasonably hefty advance for every book I complete and submit.

2. Good health and a positive mental attitude.

3. Genuine good times with family and old and new, great friends, including, but not necessarily limited to, a wild affair for an entire year with Katie Holmes, with an option to renew the affair, by mutual consent (of course) after the year is over. Tom can watch from a distance, via computer camcorder hookup, but he can't complain or interfere. 'Cus if he does I get to tell the world about it.

Now, for the three things I don't want for Christmas:

1. Another dead end job with no potential, no future, just forty plus hours a week of busting your ass and walking on egg shells just to get along.

2. A sexually transmitted disease.

3. People that gossip about other people, including the people they pretend to be best friends with, including you, as they pump you with crap they think you want to hear, while all the time you just don't know how to tell them in a nice way you know they are full of shit.

Well, I could go on, really, but three is the limit set for this meme, so I'll stick to that.

As for the people I choose to tag, they too are numerous, but I decided to play it safe and stick with those who have been doing consistent postings on their blogs. I figure if they are posting regularly, and lately, they are most likely to see the tag on time. So, with that in mind, I hereby tag:

Rufus, from Grad Student Madness
Danielle, from Danielles Daily Life
The Widows Son, from Burning Taper
Meowkaat from BiasedBookReview
And, finally, Neosnoia

You are all IT!