Wednesday, September 09, 2009

How Will We Ever Decide?

I listened to Obama tonight as he appeared before Congress and gave his speech about the need for health care reform, and I must say that, though I find myself in stark disagreement with much of what he said, he did make some good points.

I then listened to the Republican response, in the form of a Louisiana Republican member of the House of Representatives, who came from the perspective of a former heart surgeon. He too raised a lot of good points and did a good job of representing the Republican position on this important issue. At the same time, I found myself wary of a good many of his statements.

So, what should we do? How will we ever decide? Who really has the best answers? Who has the overall best interests of the country and the people at heart?

Obama and the Democratic Congress. The opposition Republican caucus.

How will we ever decide between these two suitors? If only we could listen to them in such a way that we could see clearly just what they both are all about.

Hey, I know-

1 comment:

Frank Partisan said...

Obama is speaking in Minneapolis in the AM. I'll be outside, at a rally for UHC.