Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Is In The Air

I've been juggling too many things lately to post much, even without the flu that swarmed in and kicked my ass for about a week, something I still haven't completely recovered from. Be that as it may, better late than never, including my postings related to the Spring Equinox. But then again, all my Sabbat postings have fallen by the wayside over the last year or so. Still, when you feel inclined to play catch-up, its nice to find somebody who has actually done your work for you. One case in point would be a recent post by The Troglopundit about all the fattening, high calorie foods that are so bad for you when eaten to excess, yet which taste so damn good life wouldn't be the same without them.

Now I won't steal all the Trog's good hard work, but I will post a few samples, a few of the better ones. After all, though the Equinox has come and gone, spring is still in the air. And nothing is more inspiring than when you read about how the First Lady was recently booed by schoolchildren during one of her matronly lectures on the importance of eating healthy foods.

Now don't get me wrong. I am a big proponent of eating healthy, well-balanced meals, but at the same time, I am also an advocate of eating foods that bring you nothing but pleasure, so long as this is not done to excess. And no time is better to do so than during the early days of spring. And so, without further ado, I present these three samples of some of the better offerings proffered by the Trog.

Let's start out with our appetizer.


I've done forgotten what this is or where it came from, but doesn't it fucking look good? I think its onion strings and jalapeno poppers, but don't quote me on that. All I know is there's some cheese involved somewhere. And nothing is more magical than feeling the sting of jalapeno through your farts. Eat up, wait an hour, and then move on to the main course.


Now this is from Quiznos, but trust me, its not for babies. This is what you call a Grilled Chicken Honey Mustard Flat Bread Salad. I don't want to even think about the calories we've ingested so far, especially since we're not exactly done. Hey we need something to wash all this down with, right? And what better than-


The Sierra Nevada Bigfoot, a Boch beer to die for. Trog included some other offering, including one from an old Pagan Temple favorite, The Heart Attack Grill, a coffee from Starbucks, and of course, some dessert. But why go there? After all this, who has room for dessert? Shit, this was dessert. Just kick back, enjoy, and have a joyous, bountiful spring.