Monday, August 02, 2010

Not Much To Say, Except ^*#&^@T#*()!!!

I won't be posting for a while, because my computer crashed on me. I think its finished, but if not, it will still take some time to get it repaired, or to get a new one. I have a major auto repair coming up that must come first, and its a doozy too. I'm lucky its in good enough shape for me to be able to drive up here to my local library and post this. I'll be checking in maybe once or twice a week, but I won't be posting to nearly as great an extent as usual, nor will I be commenting very much on any of your blogs for some time to come.

Anyway, for those of you who follow Kentucky politics, particularly those who are interested in the up-coming Senate race between Republican Rand Paul and Democrat Jeff Conway, be aware that this coming weekend is the annual Fancy Farm Picnic in Western Kentucky, which traditionally kicks off the start of the Kentucky political season.

I won't be attending, but I'll be keeping my ear to the ground for any interesting information that comes out and will try to post my thoughts on the festivities sometime next week, if at all possible. This is an important race, because its by no means in the bag for Paul, whose libertarian ideology trumped his common sense and caused him to stumble coming out of the starting gate. If Conway pulls it out, it might well be the one single pick up for the Democrats in the Senate. It won't be that easy though, because Conway has still failed to pick up an endorsement from former Democrat primary rival Daniel Mongiardo. This will be what I will be looking for from Fancy Farm. If Mongiardo appears and makes a surprise endorsement, it oould be ther shot in the arm needed for Conway to win Eastern Kentucky, and Western Kentucky as well.

If Mongiardo doesn't endosre Conway, then Paul will more than likely win.

I would love to go to the Fancy Farm Picnic, not just for the political theater, but for the overall event. But that's just not a realistic part of my planned schedule. I'm doing good to be able to have a good Lughnasadh.

For now, I'll just wish all a Blessed Lughnasadh. Even if you're not a pagan, get out and about and try to enjoy nature's beauty and bounty. Try to see the ghod things in lifel. It will help you think right.